Faurot Park : Originally known as the Lake Subdivision was received as a gift on February 4, 1904 and at that time was called City Park . The Faurot Park Addition was acquired as a gift on September 12, 1935. The consolidated 86-acre tract was then named after the original discoverer of oil in Lima (Benjamin Faurot) who died a poor man although he contributed greatly to the wealth of others.
During the early days of Faurot Park there was in fact a zoo on the grounds. The zoo housed several animals including bears. Present day Faurot Park is 89 acres of green space which includes 7 ball diamonds, 4 shelter houses, 4 lakes, a concert pavilion, a playground area, the children’s fountain/splash pad and is home to the Annual Star Spangled Spectacular.